Friday, June 25, 2010

Good Morning Interwebs

Starting a blog isn't something I ever thought I'd do. Projects that require continual effort and responsibility just aren't my style. I have, however, been in medical school now for a year and a half now and I'm discovering that I should probably be putting some effort in. I'm not good at study, I've cruised all through my education without doing it, but before my exam yesterday I discovered something I could do, I can draw pictures, enjoy myself, and study at the same time. It's delicious.

I'm hoping this new hobby of mine won't only benefit me, so I'm going to publish it here. Probably more out of vanity than altruism, but the result is the same. I draw humourous pictures that summarise the content we're learning in Medicine at the moment, or summarise chapters from textbooks. Some of it makes characters out of concepts to help you remember what they do.


Some use picture puns (quite heavily) to help you remember names and functions.


And I've always hated mnemonics, but recognise they have uses, so I've started drawing some with pictures, because otherwise I can't remember the blasted things.


I'll occasionally do comics and pictures that are purely for fun, but I've been cramming for an exam so I only have a couple and I haven't scanned them. I draw a lot of my inspiration from webcomics and blogs such as Hyperbole and a Half, The Oatmeal and XKCD. I don't claim to be ANYWHERE near as good as these people, but I try. If you like their styles of humour then mine has a fighting chance with you.

So if you're a visual learner, would like a little help learning medicine or just like my random sense of humour please subscribe or follow or whatever you do with these blog things and I'll do my best to make it worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment